Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hilary's Growing Up, Growing Wiser


Hilary hit up Glendale for a little shopping expedition the other day. While having a bank account like Hilary's would certainly be nice, there are other aspects of fame that are far less appealing.

On the eve of her new album, Dignity's release, Hilary talked to Britain's Mail on Sunday about the ups and downs of become a woman while the whole world watches on.

* On Growing Up: 'As I become more mature, my tastes and interests change. Like, so many people have watched me grow up, and I find it really weird when they say to me 'tell us about your new look.' I'm, like, what new look? It's just me growing and getting more confident about my style.''

* On Shopping: "I can't go more than about 72 hours without shopping, but I don't think I'm excessive."

* On The Britney/Christina Shock Appeal: 'Know what? That's not really my style,' she says forcefully. 'I'm going to work really hard to stay successful and appeal to as many different people as I can, but I know there's always going to be someone younger and cooler coming after me, just like I took over from the one before me. And if it doesn't work,' she shrugs, 'I guess I'm going to have to think harder and maybe try something else.'

* On Her Weight Loss: 'I did get skinny,' she concedes. 'I've felt that pressure like everyone else in my position has. When a paper comes out that says 'Duff Puff - she must have gained 15 pounds,' or something like that, how would any normal person react? It's so mean, but everyone keeps buying that stuff and talking about it, so it's not going to go away.'

While we worry about the pressures put on all of our favorite starlets, Hilary seems to have emerged with a level head on her tiny shoulders. Seems like someone still has her dignity all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment