Saturday, February 17, 2007

Gwyneth, Going Once, Going Twice, Sold!


Gwyneth Paltrow hosts a diamond jewelry auction at the St. Regis hotel in New York City for an American Cancer Society benefit reception on Thursday night.

The 34-year-old Oscar-winning actress raised money for “Hope Lodge,” which provides free housing for adult cancer patients undergoing treatment.

















Since this was a charity event, I will refrain from making comments about her outfit. But here’s what Gwyneth said at the auction:

* On making it to the auction despite a little cold because of her 10-month-old son Moses: “It’s for a really good cause. This has been planned for a long time, so I couldn’t take a sick day today”
* On her father, Bruce, dying to throat cancer in 2002: “My life has been affected by cancer in so many different ways. When my father had cancer, he found it so isolating. It’s very difficult to empathize with it if you haven’t gone through it.”
* On her film career: “I haven’t done a real part in a long time. I’m going back to work now. When I had kids, I just wanted to be with them. [But doing one movie a year] makes you more interesting as a person and wife (to Coldplay frontman Chris Martin) and mother.”

No comments:

Post a Comment